Second Week, more packaging and javascript

During the second week I've finished off the macosx packaging, submitted patches, etc. I've also done a bit more work on the TWB debian package, but I'm still not happy with it.

Since the TWB is not yet ready for prime time, I've decided to build a small static demo of few calculi that I've implemented, namely K, KT, S4, PLTL and UB. My plan to to create a rich web client to display the tree generated by the tableau procedure and give the user a nice interface to nagivigate it.

Since that would require a fair bit of work, I've started with something very simple. The static demo allows you to select you logic from a list of 5 and to input a formula to test.

To put everything together I end up studying xmlrpc to transform the prover in a cgi and a javascript library to do the remote procedure call.

I'm using this nice ocaml library to give the prover a xmlrpc interface
http://raevnos.pennmush.org/code/ocaml-xml-rpc/ and this javascript library http://www.kuriositaet.de/javascript/xmlrpc.html that is very small and does its job well.

I've just findout that mozilla has it own js library to do xmlrpc ... I'll might give it a try as well http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xmlrpc/

Writing the glue was kind trivial, and writing the js selectors was even more trivial using http://jquery.com/ that is a very very nice library implementing a lot of nifty ajax functions.

The intergration of my initial prototype into drupal was also very easy.

The result of my work is here: http://twb.rsise.anu.edu.au/twbdemo

I can't say I now like javascript, but using high level library makes the process much less painful then what it was few years ago.